Korea Life and Cultures

All Korean dishs, Royal court dishes, Grilled dishes, Steamed dishes, Raw dishes...

I have *not* been cooking lately. Whenever I get a scan, I’m pretty much a ball of nerves until I get the results. Literally, life is on *hold* and I don’t breathe again until I hear the words, “All is clear and there is no evidence of disease.” I know I shouldn’t let these stupid scans run my life like that and I’m hoping with more years under my belt, I will learn to control my emotions a little better around this time. Anyhow, all is good! So let’s get to the cooking…

Ingredients Needed:

  • one pack of firm tofu
  • 2 green peppers
  • 1 slice of dashima
  • few sprigs of soot-gat
  • 1/4 onion
  • soup base: 3 TB red pepper paste, 1/2 TB red pepper powder, 1/2 TB dwenjang, 1 TB gook ganjang, 1/2 TB minced garlic
  • any other veggies you want to use, such as mushrooms, squash, and even potatoes…

As with any recipe – when in doubt, check out Korean Cooking 101


IMG_4712
Bring 3 CUPS of water to a boil with a piece of dashima. Let it boil for a good 5-10 minutes to get a nice thick dashima broth.


IMG_4718
Then pluck out the dashima piece and slice it up like so.


IMG_4715
Throw the piece back in and season the broth with 3 TB red pepper paste, 1/2 TB red pepper powder, 1/2 TB dwenjang, 1 TB gook ganjang, and 1/2 TB minced garlic.

IMG_4714
Meanwhile wash your veggies…


IMG_4710IMG_4719
Slice your tofu…

IMG_4721

Throw in the onions and tofu first and continue to let boil.

IMG_4722IMG_4723
Slice the green peppers up and throw it in there as well.

IMG_4725
Finally top it off with the soot gat and let everything boil for about 5 minutes…

IMG_4729
Give it a taste test and add more gook ganjang if needed! You’re ready to serve. Enjoy~~~

Hopefully I’ll be back sooner than later, but I’ve *really* gone back to work so I haven’t had much time in the kitchen lately. =P

0 comments:

Post a Comment