Korea Life and Cultures

All Korean dishs, Royal court dishes, Grilled dishes, Steamed dishes, Raw dishes...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spam Kimbap

On lazy weekends, once in a blue moon I’m crazy enough to make kimbap. It’s literally an all day event!

IMG_0415
Once I get started, I sit there and make kimbap all morning and sometimes all afternoon!


IMG_0413
And about halfway through the rice, I ended up running out of ingredients for gogi kimbap. So I dug through my pantry and found this can of SPAM.


IMG_0417 IMG_0419
Cut and fry the spam...


IMG_0421
Get some good old American cheese...


IMG_0424
I already had eggs from the gogi kimbap.


IMG_0426
Put your rice about 3/4 of the way on the sheet. I usually just season my rice with splashes of sesame oil and sesame seeds. You can add sushi vinegar if you’re going to eat it *RIGHT AWAY* but I find that adding vinegar makes the kimbap smelling stale after a few hours. My husband likes to eat it all day long, so I usually skip the vinegar.


IMG_0428
Add the three ingredients.


IMG_0429
Roll up tightly.


IMG_0431
Cut and serve! Honestly, although I love spam the gogi kimbaps blew the spam kimbap outta the water. =P Munchkin refused to eat the spam kimbap and made sure to ask for "gogi kimbap only please." =P At least the MR had something to snack on at midnight! hehe.


IMG_0437
Four hours of hard work later! The MR had already taken a container with him in the morning. =P Can you believe almost all that kimbap is GONE now? I live with two men that truly know how to eat! Happy Monday, folks!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment