Korea Life and Cultures

All Korean dishs, Royal court dishes, Grilled dishes, Steamed dishes, Raw dishes...

Cooking is such an interesting thing. Trying to cook in someone else's kitchen is quite a challenge. Trying to find Korean ingredients in a small town proved to be even a greater challenge. I didn't want to buy EVERYTHING, so I only bought the bare minimum ingredients and have been improvising in the kitchen.

Today I made dwenjang jjigae with a beef broth instead of my usual fish broth. You can go and see Version 1.0 here.

Things needed:

  • Veggies: Onions, squash, mushrooms, pepper, potato
  • Dwenjang
  • Tofu
  • 1/4 cup of beef
  • small piece of daikon radish (moo)
  • 1/2 TB of minced garlic
  • 1/2 TB of sesame oil


IMG_4056 IMG_4050
I first started by chopping my veggies and draining a bit of beef.


IMG_4057
I then added 1/2 TB of sesame oil and 1/2 TB of minced garlic to a pot.


IMG_4062
Saute the beef until cooked...


IMG_4063
Then add 4 cups of water and a small piece of moo to make the broth. Bring it to a boil.


IMG_4060 IMG_4065
Then add 3TB of dwenjang and bring to a boil again.


IMG_4066
Then add your squash, potatoes, and onions...


IMG_4068
Throw in your mushrooms and tofu...


IMG_4069
Throw in a pepper if you have one on hand.


IMG_4070
I didn't have gochugarui, so instead I just added a dash of cayenne pepper. =P


IMG_4071
Top it off with some green onions and let everything boil until the potatoes are done. Enjoy!!!


IMG_4049
I'm currently making gom tang. I'll show you how to make some yummy moo gook with the broth tomorrow! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment